Gavika Ansible Roles
Yesterday, we announced the launch of Ansible role to install and configure AWS CloudWatch Agent.
You might have seen my other open source Ansible roles on Ansible Galaxy and Github.
In the same spirit, the company, Gavika Information Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore, has started publishing open source projects on Github. Ansible role to install and configure AWS CloudWatch Agent is the first project. Expect more projects in future.
These are some of the guidelines for the Ansible role projects that Gavika follows.
- 100% open source
- Accept contributions from the open-source community
- Support more than one OS. Typically, at least support two major Linux distributions. The CloudWatch Agent role supports EL7 and Ubuntu 18.04 at present. We intend to test and support other distributions and operating systems in future.
- Contributor License Agreement required in order to accept significant changes. This is done because, we want to be able to change the licensing terms in future. If you are a contributor, you will retain copyrights to your work. Our CLA is based on Apache's Contributor License Agreement.
- Have automated tests for the roles. We use Molecule, Docker, Testinfra and TravisCI to test the Ansible roles.
- Maintain documentation for the project.
- Provide support to the community via Github issue tracker and related tools.