VIM Plugins And Notes
The plugins I use for Vim. Recently, I have started using Atom for web development. For rest my editing needs, I use Vim.
For General Editing
- vundle.vim: Vundle, the plug-in manager for Vim.
- YouCompleteMe: A code-completion engine for Vim. Not just code, but just about anything. One of those plugins that you can't live without after discovering it.
- Marvim : Marvim provides a means to persist macros on disk and nicely retrieve them later. If you are using Pathogen, remember to put marvim.vim in the plugin directory. I had to move marvim.vim to ~/.vim/bundle/marvim/plugin/. The final path of the file:
For Python Development
- jedi-vim: Use the jedi autocompletion library for VIM.
- pylint-mode: use the pylint library in VIM.
Some Cool VIM Resources
- Wikia VIM: The quintessential VIM Wiki.
- VIM Screencast Tutorials: Drew Neil's awesome VIM screencasts. After you finish vimtutor, this should be your next pit-stop to learn some VIM tricks.