Yesterday, we announced the launch of
Ansible role to install and configure AWS CloudWatch Agent.
You might have seen my other open source Ansible roles on Ansible Galaxy and
In the same spirit, the company, Gavika Information Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore, has started publishing open
source projects on Github.
Ansible role to install and configure AWS CloudWatch Agent
is the first project. Expect more projects in the future.
These are some guidelines for the Ansible role projects that Gavika follows:
- 100% open source
- Accept contributions from the open-source community
- Support more than one OS. Typically, at least support two major Linux distributions. The CloudWatch Agent role
supports EL7 and Ubuntu 18.04 at present. We intend to test and support other distributions and operating systems in
- Contributor License Agreement is required in order to accept significant changes. This is done because, we want to be
able to change the licensing terms in the future. If you are a contributor, you will retain copyrights to your work.
Our CLA is based on Apache’s Contributor License Agreement.
- Have automated tests for the roles. We use Molecule and Docker to test the Ansible roles.
- Maintain documentation for the project.
- Provide support to the community via Github issue tracker and related tools.